Sunday, October 9, 2011

DLSU's BEST DRESSED: Renzo Navarro


Renzo Navarro | ID 109 | BS Civil Engineering- AB Multimedia Arts (CSB)

How do you describe your style?

"Nothing too flashy. I try to stay boring. Frankly I don't know how to describe it but people have said the way I dress (recently) is hipster. Sometimes, maybe. All I really know about hipsters is that they can be phony. Do consider looking it up. Whatever looks nice, I like. Same goes for what I wear, I guess. I hate to admit it but I can be preppy sometimes."


What are your staple clothing items for school?

"Big shirts, jeans, slip ons. It's been hot lately. I wear lots of t-shirts also."

What are your all time favorite trends?

"I love pieces with weird or uncommon details. I'd love to wear Dr. Martens if I could afford them. Sneakers are really comfy! I'd get a bunch of Air Force 1s and a couple of sneaks from Puma and Adidas too if I could afford. Let me tell you what I don't like: overly preppy get ups. I can get preppy myself but I never go for tacky (well tacky is how some people wear them) accessories such as blazers and bowties and tucking in my shirt. With a weather like ours, we're given the opportunity to play with colors and silhouettes. Leave the layering to the people from the cold places. But if you must, don't overdo it."

Who are your style icons?

"Some would be Prince Pelayo of katelovesme, Susie Lau of Style Bubble (How could anyone not love her??), and my friend CJ Cruz who had recently been photographed by Scott Schuman (of The Sartorialist) in London. Bloggers all. Please do look them up. CJ will be amused to read this. Oh I love the Japanese as well!"


Can you give some tips to your fellow Lasallians on how they can dress up for school without comprising both style & comfort?

"Forget the match. It's all about a good mix. Also, start by following trends. You'll soon discover your own style. Be what you feel like, not what you see. Don't forget to be practical and don't wear anything stupid. Never ever underestimate basics. Being fashionable is not a physiological need so there's no need to be pressured."


Check out Renzo's blog- http://renzodemenzo.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment