Sunday, October 2, 2011

DLSU's BEST DRESSED: Sam Policios

Sam Policios | ID 109 | AB Psychology

How do you describe your personal style?

"Well, I believe that my style is like a bowl of salad. The lettuce is simplicity while the sauce and other ingredients are androgyny and femininity. Finally, the secret ingredient is spontaneity." 


What are your staple clothing items for school?

"Brown leather backpack , my ultimate BFF, that minimizes my stress as I bring my ever heavy Psych books but still in style. Knee length, summery dresses which are hella useful whenever I'm lazy to think of an outfit or whenever the heat's unbearable. As much I'd like to wear high waisted denim shorts to school especially on extra hot days but with the dress code's existence, I've accustomed myself to wearing knee length shorts as I enter school and end up folding it as it gets shorter and shorter when the DO's aren't around( Hope no DO reads this!). On days when I'm feeling feminine, I wear a short skirt or a long, printed/ sheer/ pleated skirt which is perfect whenever I have to go all around school and worrying about the DO is the last thing on my mind.  Long sleeve Lacoste or Ralph Lauren tops are my buddies whenever I wanna look simple yet classic. A leather jacket /denim jacket/  blazer/ oversized sweater which not only minimizes my shivering in the oh-so-cold-classrooms-of-DLSU but also, adds an extra oomph to my ensemble. Beloved black and brown loafers which are so overused yet oh so comfortable."

"A simple gold necklace or a chunky gold/silver necklace whichever matches well with my outfit will make my ensemble complete. Lastly, I could never leave home without my gold/silver watch which not only keeps me from getting late but also, will be my forever favorite accessory."

What are your all-time favorite trends?

"Deciding about what my all time favorite trend would be like choosing between Alexander Wang and Isabel Marant because both are equally amazing designers and therefore is impossible to pick on which one's my favorite. Let's just say that I'm in love with the boho chic trend and how it reminds me of my forever dream to be at the Coachella festival clad in a kimono+bandeau+ high waisted tiny denim shorts+ Marant ankle boots + a layering of Erin Wasson's lovely gold necklaces+ floppy hat+ circle shaped shades. Also, I love how the grunge trend brings out the love for indie rock in me. Imagining myself at a Passion Pit concert wearing a leather jacket over an oversized white tee with a plaid longsleeve wrapped around my waist and most especially, black combat boots are def'ly on my fashion bucket list."

Who are your style icons?

"Erin Wasson, Olsen twins, Kate Bosworth, Olivia Palermo, Gillian Zinser ,Rumi Neeley, Aimee Song, Kate Moss, Caroline de Maigret, Alexa Chung and Clementine Levy. Also, street style blogs are also a huge inspiration- sometimes real people's style is more inspirational than the latest fashion editorial."


Can you give some tips to your fellow Lasallians on how they can dress up for school without compromising both style and comfort?

"Fashion is really about intuition so if it feels right for you, go ahead and work it. But it is also important to know what suits you, it's okay to experiment with different things from time to time but do know what looks best on you. Lastly, the key in dressing up is confidence. What's important is how you feel wearing the clothes."
 


1 comment: