Sunday, October 23, 2011

DLSU's BEST DRESSED: Tina Malabanan

Tina Malabanan | ID 108 | BS Psychology

How do you describe your style?

I would describe my style as eclectic. I’d like to keep an open mind; it’s more exhilarating that way! Although I’m a mood dresser, I don’t plan my outfits ahead of time. The joy of mix-matching trinkets, garments and just getting my closet all messed up minutes before heading to an event is a routine for me. Scouring for the perfect top or trousers in a pile of clothes is my quirky way of relieving stress.


What are your staple clothing items for school?

I think, especially for the cold rush of the “ber” months it’s a must to keep yourself warm with cozy knitted piece of clothing that you can wear with classic items or you can go for its dressier alternative, a tailored blazer. And to get through the day, you can always depend on your trusty pair of flats that is very versatile. It would certainly please your hardworking feet that have been bringing you from one class to another, building to building.

What are your all time favorite trends?

For now, I’ve been leaning towards more feminine articles of clothing like nude colored dresses. I love this new trend because you can accent it with statement necklace. These chunky necklaces is one of my current splurge items, it can significantly change your look. They say it’s a lazy girl’s go-to piece to enhance a simple outfit to get a more chic effect, if so, why not do it in excess. Aside from that, I think the perfect shade or lip color is enough to send the message.

Who are your style icons?

Locally, I love the work of the very sophisticated stylist Liz Uy and entrepreneur Divine Lee. Internationally, I love Rachel Zoe’s style and how she manages to mix timeless pieces with present trends. Anna Della Russo is another well-known name in the fashion industry that links her to eccentric and unconventional style; she is a good source of inspiration.


Can you give some tips to your fellow Lasallians on how they can dress up for school without comprising both style & comfort?

Comfort does not have to mean sloppy, know your silhouettes and proportions. Just don’t be afraid to play with colors and textures. You don’t have to combine bold pieces and extravagant prints to get that “wow” outfit. A clever mix of soft colors and textures can both be refreshing, confidant and enough to make a statement. And of course, create your own fashion story and go ahead and share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment