Wednesday, October 9, 2013

DLSU's BEST DRESSED: James Martin

James Jason Martin | BS Marketing Management | ID 110

How do you describe your personal style?

"Preppy? Sporty boho? Young laidback? I’m not really particular about how I categorize my personal style but what I’m sure of is that I always incorporate a piece that is not usually worn by guys into my outfit– something that would make me stand out but still in a fresh manly way."


How do you normally dress up for school?

"I usually base my outfit on the weather. It’s easy for me to adjust to the weather because I live in a condo unit just beside the campus. I always start with basics (i.e. plain shirt, chino shorts), and from there, I work on matching it with a piece that’s busy (printed or texturized). I usually don’t dress lazy, but when I do, it’s because I’m running late for class or I just don’t have enough clothes anymore (troubles of a condo guy on weekdays)."

What are your all time favorite fashion pieces?

"Short sleeve button-downs, cardigans, fitted pants, tank tops, chino shorts, and printed socks"

What are your current fashion obsessions?

"Suede shoes, sweaters/pullovers, parka & bomber jackets, snapbacks, and jersey tops"

Who are your style icons?

"James Dean, Justin Livingston, & Peter Adrian"



Any tips to your fellow Lasallians on how to dress up for school?

"COMFORT OVER STYLE. Sometimes, I feel like I need to dress up well because I feel good whenever I receive compliments. Truth be told though, sometimes I don’t really feel comfortable with my best looking outfit. Whatever it is that you are wearing, you must see to it that you are comfortable and confident about it first."

Follow James on his blog: http://jamonmartin.tumblr.com and on Instagram: @jamesjasonmartin

Photography by Kyla Olives
Direction by Raymond Angat

No comments:

Post a Comment