Friday, October 4, 2013

DLSU's BEST DRESSED: Mars Nioko

Mars Nioko | AB Organizational Communication | ID 111

How do you describe your personal style?

"I actually don't know how to describe "my style" because I just wear anything I feel like wearing. Although I think I'm usually a mix of preppy and feminine. It actually all depends on my mood and on the occasion."


How do you normally dress up for school?

"Nothing unusual, it's just like how everyone else dresses! I'm usually in a skirt paired with anything that's white and/or collared! Oh and I think I wear my white rubber shoes at least twice a week."

What are your all time favourite fashion pieces?

"I'll forever be grateful for the resurrection of everything high waisted- from skirts, shorts to pants! Anything high waisted makes my life so much easier because I worry less about hiding my fats! Haha!"

What are your current fashion obsessions?

"Right now I'm loving the whole white on white trend!"

Who are your style icons?

"Well I find inspiration from people and things around me that look nice! Although, my ultimate favourite is Ashley Madekwe because I love how she blogs about clothes that are actually wearable and not over the top. I also love the trendy and at the same time classy style of Jessica Stroup, Olivia Palermo, and Kryz Uy. No judging though because I also adore Kathryn Bernardo."


Any tips to your fellow Lasallians on how to dress up for school?

"Invest on basics then learn to play around with them! Wear clothes that you'll feel comfortable moving around in and don't be OA because there's a time and place for everything. It also helps if you look at yourself in the mirror before leaving for school and think "if someone took a picture of me today and I'd have to look at the photo years from now, might I actually regret this outfit?". Kind of vain but I definitely learned from my high school and early college years photos! Haha!"

Follow Mars on Instagram: @marsnioko

Photography by Kyla Olives
Direction by Raymond Angat

No comments:

Post a Comment